Learning to do TRE®
TRE® is a safe and effective stress release technique for most people. Although the exercises appear simple and easy to learn, the greatest value to learning the TRE® process is with a Certified TRE® Provider in the beginning. You will be taught how to activate the tremors and how to self regulate the TRE® process according to your physical and psychological comfort levels. TRE®, like any other new method requires practice and may take some time to get the hang of it.
You will be guided through the TRE® process until you feel confident to begin practicing TRE® on your own. Within about six sessions a new mind-body awareness and understanding of the TRE® process is achieved. Once you have learnt how to activate and regulate the process TRE® can be practiced at home as a life long tool to release unresolved tension patterns and manage your own stress levels.
Though many people report immediate benefits from a single session of TRE®, it is recommended that TRE® be used as a consistent practice, either alone or in groups, to sustain its benefits over time.
I provide ongoing support whenever needed to help you develop a regular practice to encourage deep, lasting positive change.
THE FIRST STEP:
TRE® Introductory Sessions or Workshops
Introductory workshops or private sessions not only allow you to experience TRE® in a safe environment, but also gives you the foundation for understanding this natural neuro-physiological response.
You will be introduced to the history and origin of TRE® and basic theory of how TRE® helps to release stress, tension and trauma patterns in the body. You will also be provided the opportunity to have a short, guided personal experience of TRE®.
Suitable for all fitness levels as the TRE® exercises can be modified to accommodate individual needs.
Most people describe the experience as pleasant and many report improvements in their physical and emotional state.
There are two choices:
Private TRE® Introductory Sessions (1½ hours)
Suitable for people who prefer a more personalized, intimate experience.
Private sessions are recommended for those who have physical challenges or those who have a history of trauma where individualized attention is more suitable.
Contact me to find out more about Private TRE® Introductory Sessions.
Learning TRE® After the Introductory Session/Workshop
There are a variety of options available to learning TRE® and to support your ongoing TRE® practice:
- Private Sessions (either in-person or online)
- Weekly Open Group Classes
- Workshops or Retreats
TRE® Private Sessions
In-Person or Online (1¼ hours)
Private sessions are suitable for those who:
- Prefer a more personalized, intimate experience. Private sessions are recommended for those who have physical challenges or those who have a history of trauma where individualized attention is beneficial.
- Have been doing TRE® for a while and need further support in self-regulating their practice and are uncomfortable with the emotions or physical sensations that arise as they do TRE®.
- Feel ready to deepen their TRE® experience or to explore ways of encouraging the tremors moving up and through the body.
Private sessions are held in person at the Integral Health Studio, Constantia or Online (via Skype/Zoom).
Online sessions are also an appropriate and convenient medium for people who are unable to attend in person sessions, those who don’t have access to a local TRE® Provider or if you simply have some questions regarding your TRE® practice.
Contact me to make a booking.
TRE® Open Group Classes
Group sessions provide a rich, shared TRE® experience that deepens your learning, practice, and process.
Weekly TRE® open group classes: (TRE® classes are held at the Integral Health Studio in Constantia every Thursday evening from 6 to 7.30pm).
- Open to people who have attended a TRE® Introductory session (either a private session or a TRE® introductory workshop).
- Newcomer’s programme consists of an initial 6 consecutive weekly classes, thereafter classes can be attended on an ad hoc basis at a reduced rate.
- Classes are a cost effective way to learn how to do TRE® in a supportive environment.
- Suitable for those that have been doing TRE® for a while and need further support in self-regulating their practice (especially if they are experiencing discomfort with the emotions or physical sensations that arise as they do TRE®).
- Classes may be supportive for people who feel ready to deepen their TRE® experience.
- Provides the opportunity for individuals to ask questions, share experiences, and support the development of a TRE community.
Costs for classes:
- Beginners – R 1,250.00 for 6 consecutive weekly sessions – payable in advance. Thereafter the cost will reduce to R150.00 per person per class.
- R 225.00 for ad hoc classes.
- TRE® Certification Trainees – R 50.00 per class
- TRE® Providers – R 100.00 per class.
Venue: Integral Health Studio, Colyn Road, Constantia, Cape Town.
Booking: Space is limited so booking is essential.
Contact me to make a booking or for more information.
To arrange TRE® Introductory workshops for NGO’s or other organizations please contact Ingrid.
Workshops and Retreats
I offer regular workshops and retreats for people who have attended an Introductory session/workshop and who want to deepen their TRE® process.
Module 1 of the Global Certification Training Programme is also open as a 2-day workshop for people who want to learn TRE® for their own personal healing exploration.
Dates for 2-day workshops 2018:
14 and 15 April 2018
28 and 29 July 2018
FEES 2018: 2-DAY TRAINING WORKSHOP – MODULE 1 (PERSONAL USE ONLY)
- R 1,500.00 non refundable deposit payable on booking
- R 1,750.00 payable three weeks prior to commencement of training
Contact me to make a booking or for more information.