The Uniqueness of TRE®
- The therapeutic muscle tremors evoked by the TRE® exercise process is a natural, internal, neuro-physiological response of the body to reduce its own stress and restore a sense of calm and well-being.
- TRE® is a body based (somatic) process. When done correctly (ideally through a Certified TRE® Provider intially) it can allow the individual to discharge tension from the body. This does not necessarily require “revisiting the story”. i.e. verbally describing or talking about the traumatic experience.
- TRE® is designed to be a self-help tool that once learned can be used as needed throughout one’s life promoting personal health and well-being.
- TRE® can be taught either as a simple self-help, tension reduction technique OR it can be used as an effective complementary practice when integrated with other treatment modalities by those in the healing professions, including the treatment of PTSD and anxiety disorder.
- TRE® can be taught in very large groups for communities that have experienced mass trauma.
- TRE® promotes cohesiveness and openness between participants and can be a helpful tool for dispute resolution. i.e. interpersonal, corporate and political communication.
- TRE® can cross culture and language barriers because it is based on natural physiological responses shared by all human beings.
- TRE® has been reported to enhance sports performance as well as reduce recovery time from injuries.
The Safety of TRE®
Although TRE® is a safe and effective stress release technique for most people it should not be used as a substitute for trauma recovery procedures of a medical or psychiatric/psychological nature.
Individuals who have physical or psychological conditions that require strict regulation, individuals with fragile psychological defenses, a complex history of trauma or restricting physical or medical limitations should consult their medical professional or a Certified TRE® Provider prior to performing these exercises.